Your privacy is very important to us. Gatenby Services respects your confidentiality and any information you provide to us will never be sold, shared, or rented to other organizations for commercial purposes.
You have the following rights as a data subject, by reason of the General Data Protection Regulation:
- The right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you (also known as a �data subject access request�). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- The right to request erasure of the personal data that we hold about you (also known as �the right to be forgotten�). This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- The right to request restriction of processing about you. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- The right to object to processing. Where we are processing your personal data solely on the grounds that there is a legitimate interest to do so, and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground, then this enables you to challenge the processing. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to data portability. This enables you to ask us to transfer your personal information to another party in certain circumstances.
- Where our processing of personal data is based on your having given consent, you also have the right as a data subject to withdraw that consent at any time.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the United Kingdom, the supervisory authority is the Office of the Information Commissioner, full contact details for which can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
If you wish to invoke any of the above rights, please contact us using the details set out in Section 10 below. Please include the words DATA PRIVACY REQUEST in the subject line of your email, or at the top of your email or letter.
1. General principles that we observe in relation to personal data
Gatenby Services observes the following general principles in relation to personal data that we receive about customers and subscribers:
- We will never ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don�t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, deliver the contracted service to you, protect our rights, or if Gatenby Services is acquired by or merged with another company.
- We never store credit card data on our servers.
2. Categories of personal information that we may process about you
In the course of providing the Services and performing its obligations under the Agreement, Gatenby Services may process the following types of personal data about customers, for the respective purposes set out below, and for the provision of communications as described in Section 3. Except as stated below, all such personal data is collected directly from the data subject:
- Contact data � When someone submits an inquiry through the Gatenby Services website, by completing our contact form, their contact information will be recorded and stored in our secure database.
- Profile data � We may collect and store information about our contacts that is obtained through cookies, log files, and/or third parties (e.g. Google Analytics) to create a profile of our users. The purpose of such a profile is to better understand how users access and use the Gatenby Services website to provide offers and make improvements.
- Registration data � When someone signs up to Gatenby Services, they will be asked for their company name, address, billing address, e-mail address, and phone number. Our primary purpose in collecting this information is to provide our customers with a customized, efficient, and easy to use service.
The provision of this personal data is not a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, but the personal data is needed for the purposes of the effective management of relationships between Gatenby Services and its customers.
3. Communications from the Site
- Special Offers and Updates � We may occasionally send you special offers or updates (i.e. newsletters) pertaining to the Service. Out of respect for privacy, you may opt out of these types of communications at any time.
- Service Announcements � We may occasionally send you notices of scheduled downtime or service upgrades. These communications will not be promotional in nature, and are strictly for informational purposes.
- Customer Service � We communicate with users of the Service on a regular basis to respond to requests, inquire about experiences with the Service, and provide support.
4. Lawful basis of processing
The lawful basis of processing is that the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Gatenby Services, including the efficient provision of the Service to customers , service improvement, and communications with actual or prospective customers for Gatenby Services solutions, products and services.
5. Recipients of the personal data
Gatenby Services uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary server infrastructure, software, networking, storage, and related technology necessary to run the Service. You retain all rights to your Customer data.
6. Overseas transfers
Personal data that is processed by Gatenby Services may be stored in Cloud services where the data centres are located outside the EEA, including in Canada and the USA. This will only be done where we are satisfied that our contractual arrangements include sufficient safeguards for the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
7. Duration of processing
Gatenby Services will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The appropriate retention period for any given type of personal data depends on a range of factors, including the nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes for which it was collected, and the applicable legal requirements.
8. Automated decision-making (including profiling)
Except as stated in Section 2 above, Gatenby Services undertakes no automated decision-making in respect of data subjects. The profiling described in Section 2 is not such as to result in decision-making that has legal or similarly significant effects on the data subject.
9. Plans for further processing
Gatenby Services has no plans to process personal data for reasons other than the reason for which the data was originally collected.
10. Questions or Comments
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this agreement, please contact Gatenby Services using the information below:
Gatenby Servives Ltd
Somerset, BA5 1DB
T: 01749 685151
E: [email protected]